Program M.U.J.E.R (Mujeres Unidas Jamas Seran Reprimidas) Women United Will Never Be Repressed
We offer a culturally sensitive, Spanish language program to help victims of abuse. This program first funded by United Way and now funded by the Office of Violence Against Women (Department of Justice), provides individual counseling and group support for victims of abuse and an awareness campaign on what constitutes abuse.
Some of the services provided by the DV team, composed of the program director, program coordinator, client advocate and support staff, include:
- Support group Las Rosas – This is a support group for women who have been victims of abuse. It gives them an opportunity to share their experiences and learn new skills and independence.
- Individual counseling that includes the development of a Safety Plan
- Interpretation and translation in accessing community resources including filing a PPO
- Linkages with shelters such as HAVEN or other housing needs
- Referrals to legal services when needed, especially those needing to apply for immigrant visas
- Awareness campaign in partnership with HAVEN about what constitutes abuse within a particular ethnic group
- Group Amistad – a new group for adolescent girls to address issues such as dating violence, building self-esteem, leadership, etc.
Non-violence group for men
We offer a Non-batterer’s educational group for people presenting abusive behaviors. Groups usually meet once a week for 1 ½ hours. Most referrals come from the Court and others come from recommendations by others. Men may participate in 26 or 42 weeks depending on the charges and the assessment. This program does not offer individual counseling or case management, unless it is ordered by the court.
For more information, please call:
Blanca Mares, BA (248) 858-7800 ext 1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vania Ruiz, BS (248) 858-7800 ext 1006 or email@example.com